Every person has an instinct for procreation. But, unfortunately, not every married couple gets to conceive a baby the first time. And if the long-awaited pregnancy has not come, you will need a long-term treatment. Couples who are unable to conceive a child for 1 year are forced to consult a doctor to determine the cause of non-pregnancy and undergo the necessary treatment. But there is a question about what pills you need to drink to get pregnant.
Actions in case of non-pregnancy
It is worth knowing that non-pregnancy should alert You if you are trying to conceive a baby for more than 1 year. Your actions are simple – it is better to go to the doctor and pass the necessary tests.
The same tests will be given to a woman who has previously had a miscarriage. The reasons for non-pregnancy can be an early abortion, made with the help of abortive drugs (medication), or an unsuccessful gynecological operation.
Tablets, which will be discussed below, we cannot accept or pick your own. In most cases, these are powerful hormonal drugs that should be used with great caution.
The process of conception in a healthy body occurs as follows:
- a woman has a regular menstrual cycle;
- depending on the duration of the cycle, ovulation occurs about 12-15 days after menstruation;
- ovulation, and therefore the possibility of getting pregnant, lasts up to 48 hours;
- during ovulation the sperm fertilizes the egg;
- after a few days, the fertilized egg should be firmly fixed in the uterus.
Accordingly, hormonal tablets are divided into 3 categories depending on the indications for use:
- conception pills that cause ovulation. During their reception, the growth of follicles on the ovaries is stimulated;
- pills that help you get pregnant and promote the work of the largest follicle. In other words, they “bring” the egg directly to the sperm;
- the hormone progesterone prepares the uterus to attach the egg, thickening its walls. Also, this hormone will help during gestation, maintaining a safe environment.
Pills for pregnancy
Your doctor will advise you to take the pills only after passing the examination. The first check is the patency of the fallopian tubes, the presence of STDs. For men, too, tests are provided, because in 40 % of cases of non-pregnancy occurs due to low mobility or survivability of spermatozoa.
You should be prepared for the fact that after taking these drugs, you will not get pregnant immediately. Don’t worry, many women use hormone injections and take pills for several cycles.