How clomid affects the body: Clomid is a drug in tablet form, which contains clomiphene citrate. This drug is a selective estrogen receptor modulator. This term means that the antiestrogen, by binding to estrogen receptors in a certain area of the body, blocks the effect of female sex hormones, but in other tissues it can act as a natural estrogen. In the sports field, this drug is especially popular in post-course therapy due to its properties to prevent the negative effects of estrogens on the hypothalamus and activate increased testosterone production.
Clomid directly affects the estrogen receptors in the pituitary gland and sex glands. By binding to these receptors in the pituitary gland, the antiestrogen interferes with the process of negative feedback – as a rule, estrogens during the action on the pituitary gland reduce the production of lutenizing and follicle-stimulating hormones, but when using clomid, this process is not carried out in the body. From this, you can perfectly understand how clomid affects testosterone, since these gonadotropins contribute to an increase in the concentration of the main male sex hormone in the body.
It is also worth noting that clomid does not affect the level of estrogens in the blood, it only blocks the work of receptors, but female sex hormones become simply inactive in the body.
What effect does the antiestrogen have on the athlete’s body?
Clomid does not affect the metabolic processes of estrogens in the body, so in the case of using this drug, estrogen is freely destroyed by liver enzymes, and does not accumulate in the athlete’s body. To fully understand the principle of the effect of clomid in the body, it is necessary to consider in detail how the antiestrogen affects a particular process. Next, let’s look at the most popular questions:
- How does clomid affect the spermogram? Initially, since the 70s of the last century, clomid was used as a drug for the treatment of infertility – both male and female. For men, this drug allowed them to fight idiopathic oligospermia – the missing number of sperm cells that are necessary for fertilization of the egg. Therefore, after taking antiestrogens, an increase in the number of active spermatozoa may be observed in the spermogram.
- How does clomid affect potency? Antiestrogen in sports practice contributes to the normalization of the functioning of the hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular arch. As a result, the concentration of natural testosterone in the body of a man increases, which has a positive effect on erectile function. Most athletes after a course of the steroid are in the so-called “hormonal pit”, which can negatively affect the sexual life. As a result, with the use of clomid, the athlete can observe an improvement in the quality of sexual life, it should also be noted that the timely start of post-course therapy with clomid will avoid testicular atrophy.
To suppress aromatization in the body, aromatase inhibitors – anastrozole, letrozole, or in extreme cases, proviron-are best suited. These drugs, especially the first two, perfectly cope with the symptoms of gynecomastia, excessive fluid retention, high blood pressure and other signs of aromatization.
Clomid, in turn, is used during post-course therapy, while aromatase inhibitors are taken mainly on the course of anabolic and androgenic substances. It allows you to normalize the production of natural testosterone in the body in a short time, and it also eliminates the symptoms of gynecomastia that appeared after a course of steroids. The optimal dosage of antiestrogen is calculated based on how heavy the course was – how many steroids were present on the course, how large the dosages were.
What negative reactions should you be prepared for on the clomid course?
It is not enough to find out how clomid affects libido and spermogram. Also, before taking any medication, it is necessary to find out what side effects an antiestrogen can cause. Failure to comply with the recommended dosages, the optimal duration of the course may lead to the following negative reactions:
- feeling sleepy or, conversely, sleep problems in the form of insomnia;
- disorders of the digestive system in the form of nausea or vomiting;
- frequent headaches;
- the drug is also able to have a toxic effect on the liver, but if you compare it with another fairly popular antiestrogen tamoxifen, its toxicity is much less;
- it is worth noting how clomid affects vision, neglect of the rules of taking the drug can lead to serious violations of visual function.
The above-mentioned undesirable effects occur in quite rare cases, and if they are observed, they quickly pass after stopping the use of antiestrogen. It is also worth adding that the use of clomid increases the risk of blood clots. But to minimize this effect during the post-course therapy with the use of antiestrogen, it is necessary to increase the volume of consumption of purified water – by at least one liter per day.
How long it will take to recover is calculated individually, depending on the severity of the course. As the reviews indicate, clomid is a fairly effective antiestrogen. Representatives of sports disciplines speak about it mostly positively, negative reviews describing the side effects of clomiphene citrate can be found quite rarely. Many athletes note that with its help it is possible to recover perfectly in a short period of time after a course of anabolic and androgenic steroids, and to minimize losses after AAS.