Clomid and pregnancy: It is very important to remember that each patient has her own, only her inherent reaction to those drugs (for example, clomiphene) that are injected into her body and each subsequent treatment cycle will be different from the previous one.
This means that in reality your reaction not only can and will differ from the reaction of other patients to the same drugs, but also that for each subsequent treatment cycle your body can give a reaction completely different from the previous one. Therefore, it should be understood that your examination, treatment and its results may not be the same as in other patients. We kindly ask you not to compare the results of your examination and treatment with the results of other patients.
Of course, you can find a lot in common with them, but take into account that the use of assisted reproductive technologies (ART) is a purely personal matter for each person and most patients experience great inconvenience when discussing personal problems in public. The information presented here will help you consciously go through the treatment cycle. If you have any questions, be sure to ask your doctor.
Clomid and pregnancy: recommendations before starting treatment
If you have come to an agreement in your family and with your doctor, you need to clarify the specific treatment program. You will sign (wife and husband) a statement of commitment about your intention to undergo treatment using ART techniques and give informed consent to this. Carefully read and understand all the provisions of the statement, clarify what you do not quite understand.
In addition, you will be given to read, understand and sign a financial contract and a checklist, which will indicate exactly the technique that will be used in this treatment cycle. Together with your doctor and nurse, you will review the certificates you have collected, the results of the examination, and other documents and decide on the start of an agreed treatment program.
What should be done to increase the chances of success?
- If you are prescribed some medications (clomid) by another doctor, you need to inform your doctor before starting the infertility treatment program.
- Cancel the use of any alcoholic beverages and do not smoke tobacco.
- Limit the use of coffee and caffeinated saturated beverages as much as possible (no more than 2 cups per day).
- Do not change the diet during the implementation of ART programs and do not carry out any dietary nutrition for weight loss.
- 3-4 days before the scheduled puncture of the follicles, as well as for the transfer of embryos into the uterus of the expectant mother and for tests to establish pregnancy, we strongly advise you to refrain from sexual intercourse and from excessive physical exertion.
- A little physical activity will not hurt until, as a result of taking ovulation inducers, a feeling of discomfort in the lower abdomen appears.
- For the duration of the ART treatment program, we strongly advise you to refrain from a hot bath, not to go to baths and saunas.
- In any painful condition, especially with an increase in body temperature (this is very important in the conditions of the spread of coronavirus), you should consult a doctor. It should be remembered that medications can negatively affect the quality of sperm.
- Two to three months before the start of ART treatment programs, you should use the shower and avoid going to the bath or sauna. High temperature negatively affects the quality of sperm. Like the Ministry of Health, we warn that taking medications, alcohol and smoking tobacco adversely affect the quality of sperm and should be excluded from use before and during ART programs.
- In the presence of a herpes infection or symptoms of any disease (malaise, rapid unmotivated fatigue), a married couple can be removed from the ART program.
- Within two to three months before the start of the ART program, we recommend reducing the intensity of sports, try to avoid overwork altogether.
- Refrain from wearing tight underwear.
- Refrain from sexual intercourse three to four days before the ultrasound, but no more than 7 days. Follow the doctor’s advice on behavior during the ART treatment cycle.
- Try to find out all the questions from specialists. Remember that the advice of friends is not always really friendly, and self-medication is unacceptable.
The phrase clomid and pregnancy is not a panacea. Remember what we wrote in the first paragraph of our article. Each organism is unique, if clomid helped your friend, it does not mean that it will help you.